Dr. Richard Berger, M.D., a world-renowned orthopedic surgeon at Midwest Orthopedics at Rush and assistant professor at Rush University Medical Center, Chicago again joins eHealth Radio and the Orthopedic & Health News Channels. The pioneer of a minimally invasive technique, Dr. Berger was the first in the world to perform outpatient hip and knee replacement surgery and has done over 12,000 surgeries — more than any other surgeon.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Richard Berger discuss the following:
- As an orthopedic surgeon, what trends have you been seeing with your patients during the pandemic?
- What can be done to offset joint pain? For listeners who are working from home and moving less …what recommendations do you have?
- I know that the pandemic has also led to patients putting off medical treatment or postponing surgeries, such as joint replacement. Can you tell us more about this?
- What message do you have to people who are delaying their care?
- For patients who are still putting off surgery, what would you say to them to ease their concerns? Why is now the time to get surgery?