Dr. Richard Berger, M.D., a world-renowned orthopedic surgeon at Midwest Orthopedics at Rush and assistant professor at Rush University Medical Center, Chicago joins eHealth Radio and the Orthopedic & Tele-medicine Channels. The pioneer of a minimally invasive technique, Dr. Berger was the first in the world to perform outpatient hip and knee replacement surgery and has done over 12,000 surgeries — more than any other surgeon.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Richard Berger discuss the following:
- Can you tell us about your background? What got you started in orthopedics? What makes your approach to joint replacement unique? Who are the patients that you are normally seeing?
- During the pandemic, many physicians quickly pivoted to telehealth to continue seeing patients. Can you discuss this shift how it has affected your work with patients?
- Would you say that telehealth has allowed you to interact with patients in ways that you could not previously?
- How has telehealth led to greater convenience for your patients?
- Do you think that embracing telehealth during the pandemic led to greater success for you and your patients? Is Tele-health here to stay?